Saturday, July 25, 2009

The pleasures of living in a small(er) town


Because my book happened to come out while I was away from home, I wasn't able to do much local promotion, but my local paper The Avon Lake Press did manage to do a phone interview with me and write a nice article (on very short advance notice).




As a result of the article, last week I got this letter from the mayor saying my town was "proud of me."




Now, when I was younger and dying to get out of my hometown, I probably would have considered this kind of corny. But today, I have to admit I rather enjoyed it. I couldn't imagine getting one of these from the mayor of Los Angeles (had the book come out while I lived out there). I guess that's one of niceties of living in a small(er) town.

No comments:

Post a Comment