Thursday, July 16, 2009



Sunrise, day 6 in Chautauqua. My 6 books all were sold from the bookstore. I even wrote my first two autographs in my books to fellow attendees (Donna Jo Napoli gave me a quick lesson in how and where to autograph the correct way!)



After dinner we had a fundraising auction. Original artwork, signed books, hand made wool shawls and stuff were donated by writers and then auctioned off. The top moneymaker? Writer Candy Fleming gave out a picture book consultation where she promised to work with the writer until it's ready to submit to her editor, Anne Schwartz. That was bought for...$3,800! Two people were bidding on it and no one could believe it got that high.




Here I am with my faculty advisor, editor Alvina Ling of Little, Brown after the auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment